Want a career that makes a difference in your community? Chinook Enterprises is seeking an innovative, experienced self-starter to help us further our mission.
Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website.
Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
The CFO/Finance Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the financial systems at Chinook. The position is under the direct supervision of the CEO. This position partners with the CEO to be a positive change agent and build organizational financial acumen through staff mentorship. This is a key role that works alongside the CEO to make high level decisions for the benefit for the organization. This position generates, coordinates, and oversees the maintenance of all financial records, accounts, financial correspondence, payroll records and fiscal reporting of the organization. The position prepares “forward looking” financial work including forecasting and budgeting and drives the financial direction of the organization. In addition, the position provides support to Managers and staff in the implementation and presentation of information vital to making data-based decisions for the organization.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ of finance/full charge accounting experience or related experience required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience running an Accounting Department required.
- Experience with manufacturing resource management software (MRP) highly preferred.
- Formalized training or seminars in financial forecasting and budgeting, job costing, wage and hour requirements, and any other applicable area is desired.
- Experience with computer networking, maintenance, and upgrades is preferred.
- Experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the manufacturing or nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills, to include interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work well independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Thorough knowledge of financial/tax laws and regulations.
- Understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and best practices for inventory management.
- Demonstrated experience developing financial models for budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient with Sage, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire, unless appropriately accommodated.
- CPA preferred in WA State with familiarity in Non-profit finance and reporting (i.e. Form 990) or willingness to acquire.
- Washington State Driver's License, vehicle liability insurance and be insurable required.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR/First Aid certification within six months of employment or current certification upon hire.
Salary: $105,800 - $126,500 annually DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of paid vacation, paid sick leave and an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost. We have a great culture, flexibility, and offer training and development opportunities. This position is a salaried, full-time position (40 hrs/wk) and has a flexible schedule with the ability to work from home up to 50% of time.