Want a career that makes a difference in your community? Chinook Enterprises is seeking an
innovative, experienced self-starter to help us further our mission.
Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but
with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities
or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment
as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers
regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of
origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our
employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
We are committed to adding voices to our team that represent a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military
veterans and spouses, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with
work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and
diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit
Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website.
Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
The Finance Manager (.75 FTE) is responsible for managing all aspects of the financial systems at
Chinook. This position partners with the CEO to be a positive change agent and build organizational
financial acumen through staff mentorship. This is a key role that works alongside the CEO to make
high level decisions for the benefit of the organization. This position generates, coordinates, and
oversees the maintenance of all financial records, accounts, financial correspondence, payroll
records and fiscal reporting of the organization. The position prepares “forward looking”
financial work including forecasting and budgeting and drives the financial direction of the
organization. In addition, the position provides support to Managers and staff in the
implementation and presentation of information vital to making data-based decisions for the
For full job description with qualifications, please visit our website at
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field highly preferred.
• A minimum of five years of finance/full charge cost accounting experience or related
• A minimum of three years’ experience running an Accounting Department is required.
• Experience with manufacturing resource management software (MRP) required.
• Formalized training or seminars in financial forecasting and budgeting, job costing, wage and
hour requirements, and any other applicable area is required.
• Experience with computer networking, maintenance, and upgrades is preferred.
• Experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in manufacturing accounting and cost accounting is required.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting in the nonprofit sector
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating
efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent people skills, including interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate in a
multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Ability to work well independently and as a collaborative team member.
• Thorough knowledge of financial/tax laws and regulations.
• Understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and best practices for inventory management.
• Demonstrated experience developing financial models for budgeting and forecasting.
• Proficient with Sage, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability
to learn to utilize new technologies.
• CMA preferred in WA State with familiarity in Non-profit finance and reporting (i.e. Form
990) or willingness to acquire.
• Washington State Driver's License, vehicle liability insurance and be insurable required.
• Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS
• Must have, or obtain, a CPR/First Aid certification within six months of employment or
current certification upon hire.
SALARY & BENEFITS
FLSA: Exempt FTE: .75
Salary: $128,250 -$141,075 annually DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental,
long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of
paid vacation, paid sick leave, an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost,
voluntary life insurance, dependent care FSA, tuition reimbursement program, quarterly incorporate
massage and company provided mental fitness app Nivati. We have a great culture, flexibility, and
offer training and development opportunities.